Connecting Generations, Equipping Households, Cultivating the Faith Practice of Generosity Together.
THE GENEROSITY PROJECT is a lively half-day, interactive, intergenerational workshop, modeling a congregation’s potential to connect and equip all ages and generations as steward leaders in the congregation and in the home.
Equipping households to daily respond to God’s extravagant generosity is a year-round opportunity. Equipping individuals of each generation, age, and stage to live as grateful stewards offers endless, creative possibilities!
Generosity is best learned together.
- Explore stories of God’s generosity.
- Discover how generosity helps us grow in faith.
- Learn how to create a culture of generosity in your home and congregation.
- Consider how daily decisions to share, save and spend are shaped by our relationship with God.
- Celebrate God’s goodness and abundance!
The Generosity Project Introductory Workshops for April 2020 have been postponed. If you’d like to learn more continue reading below.
In the meantime, The Generosity Project has revised their take-home resource called Live It Out! to help households in their own conversations about generosity in a time when we are isolated and yet feel called to help others.
Who should attend the workshop?
- Children, ages 6 & up (childcare provided for those under 6)
- Youth and family ministry leaders
- Stewardship leaders
- Outreach leaders
- Confirmation classes
- Anyone interested!
- Congregations are encouraged to bring teams of three or more.
- Cost is $15/person, or max $25/congregation team (two or more); ages 5 and under are free. A light meal is included at each event.
- Teams representing three or more generations will receive a copy of the six-session The Generosity Project curriculum (available as a download from the ELCA for $39 or in print for $69).
- Registration will be available online at csis-elca.org beginning in March.
- The registration deadline is Monday, April 13.
Ms. Linda Staats, the ELCA Generosity Project Coordinator, will be with us to lead these two launch events.
Following these launch events, the Mission Support and Stewardship Committee of the Central/Southern Illinois Synod will be available to offer The Generosity Project introductory workshop at other places in our synod. Please contact Pastor Elise Rothfusz, Director for Evangelical Mission, email@example.com for more information about hosting The Generosity Project.
You can find out more about The Generosity Project at www.elca.org/generosityproject or by joining the Facebook group The Generosity Project ELCA.