Stewardship is an outward expression of our trust that God provides abundantly. We live as people entrusted by God to live graciously and generously to glorify God, build up the body of Christ, and love our neighbor. Stewardship is about a journey of generosity and good management of all God has given us.
Congregations grow faithful, stewarding disciples in many ways:
- Congregations invite disciples to give of their time and talents to serve Christ’s Church.
- Congregations talk openly about money and the challenges of living in a consumer society.
- Congregations invite disciples on a journey of generosity to support Christ’s mission of grace and love through financial gifts through annual appeals, special appeals, legacy giving and digital giving option.
- Congregations practice good management through budgeting and transparency of financial practices.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page for downloadable resources. To find out more about any of the following programs contact Director for Evangelical Mission, Pastor Elise Rothfusz, email@example.com. The synod offers financial support for some of these programs.
Encourage financial confidence in your disciples by sponsoring the Six Weeks on Money program in your congregation.
Host The Generosity Project in your congregation.
The Central/Southern Illinois partners with GSB Fundraising to offer two programs that encourage the generosity and giving of congregations to Christ’s work.
- Building a Culture of Generosity is a five-month program to build a stewardship team’s work through a framework of an annual appeal process.
- Stewardship for All Seasons is a two-year process that gives stewardship teams resources and practices that lay a solid foundation for financially supporting a congregation’s ministry.
- Stewardship First Steps – Pastors who would like to grow their skills as a stewardship leader are invited to join this six-session online workshop. These sessions equip pastors to identify and tell stories that connect ministry with financial generosity and bolster a congregation’s sense of mission and purpose. View the flyer and register NOW by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Build donor confidence by creating and practicing sound financial practices and putting policies into place that encourage giving.